The purpose of the society is the dissemination of research results and knowledge on veterinary and comparative animal nutrition for veterinary and other educational purposes. Within the scope of its activities, the Society will stimulate and encourage pre- and postgraduate studies as well as collaborative research in veterinary and comparative nutrition.
- Organization of symposia, workshops, seminars and meetings
- Support of lectures and their presenters
- Participation in events in the field of nutritional science for veterinarians and comparative nutrition science
- Publication of newsletters and specialist publications
- Establishment of a website for scientific exchange
- Cooperation with other institutions
ESVCN membership is open for anyone (worldwide) interested in the topic, and is not restricted to veterinarians.
The European Society of Veterinary and Comparative Nutrition (ESVCN) was founded October 5th 1991 at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna during the WSAVA congress. The society is affiliated to the European Society of Veterinary Internal Medicine (ESVIM).
The latest statutes were updated in November 2018 after being unanimously agreed at the AGM in September 2018, Munich. The statutes are registered in Vienna where the Society was founded.